We think our fabulous Westlands Red Watercress sprigs will make the perfect accompaniment to any Valentine's meal on 14th February, and make that perfect addition to any discerning menu too!
These beautiful Whole Red Watercress sprigs are now available in 80g punnets in the Westlands Inspired Range.
The leaves are succulent and soft eating, just like their green counterparts, and also have the characteristic and classic peppery taste. However, their added appeal is the visual appeal of the Red/Brown interveinal leaf colouring with vibrant green stalks and veins providing the varied leaf colour.
Why not try some today, ask your normal distributor for some - available at Secretts Direct too!
We just love this wonderful Valentines Day inspired recipe by Jamie Oliver, we've just added Red Watercress: Beetroot, Red Apple and Watercress Salad - so why not give this a go this Valentines day, this will impress:
Beetroot, Red Apple and Red Watercress Salad:
|via Jamie Oliver|
• extra virgin olive oil
• sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 1 bag of rocket, washed
• a punnet of Red watercress Sprigs
• optional: a small handful of pea shoots
• 2 red apples, quartered, cored and finely sliced
• 2 small red beetroot and 2 small candy beetroot (or use all red if you can’t find candy), scrubbed (not peeled) and very finely sliced (if you have leaves, reserve them)
• a small bunch of fresh marjoram, leaves picked
methodBeetroot can be eaten raw but it needs to be very finely sliced – a mandolin is ideal.
Squeeze the lemon juice into a clean jam jar. Add three times the amount of extra virgin olive oil, season with salt and pepper, then screw the lid on and shake to emulsify.
Add the rocket, watercress, pea shoots, apples, beetroot and beetroot leaves, if you have them, to a large bowl. Drizzle over enough dressing to completely coat the ingredients, add the marjoram, toss again and serve.